Archbishop Bruno Forte addresses the most common questions and concerns Catholics have about the sacrament of Reconciliation: “Why do we have to go to Confession?” “Why tell my sins to a priest; can’t I confess directly to God?” “Does sin even exist?” Clear, honest, and pastorally sensitive answers help readers better appreciate this sacrament of personal encounter with the mercy of God. Archbishop Forte further explores how asking for forgiveness with conviction, receiving it with gratitude, and generously giving it to others can bring us unrivalled peace.
Includes helpful questions for an examination of conscience based on the 10 Commandments and prayers of sorrow in preparation for Confession.
Features & Benefits:
- Significant Bible passages guide readers into deeper reflection on the sacrament of forgiveness.
- Features a helpful guide for an examination of conscience based on the 10 Commandments.
- Offers various forms of the Act of Contrition.
- A helpful tool both for people who regularly go to Confession and for those who don't frequent the sacrament.
- Useful, too, for pastors and spirtual directors who often face many of the questions treated in this book.
About the author:
Bruno Forte, Th.D., Ph.D., was ordained to the priesthood in 1973 and taught as a professor of dogmatic theology on the Pontifical Theological Faculty in Naples until 2004. He is widely published in Europe and Latin America and is a Consultant of the Pontifical Council for Culture (Rome). He is also a member of the International Theological Commission of the Holy See. In June 2004, John Paul II named him Archbishop of Chieti-Vasto in Italy.
Category: Spirituality/How to Pray
Trim size: 4 3/8" x 6 1/8"
Keywords:Yrfth - Len12 - lenten banner - sacrament of penance - confession - reconciliation - Fcc12